Sunday, December 5, 2010

Stringers, anyone?

Lately I've been getting a lot of comments on how people have missed my brother since his long trip to Japan...most of this comes from breaking their strings.

I guess it's safe to say that most of the main players at BBC had him stringing their rackets while he was here! Babolat stringing machine, cheap fee ($10USD), and of course the dedication...do not fear, he will be back in February! :)

Until then, heres some other places you can get your stringing done:

Seattle Badminton Club
String typeNon-member priceMember price
Yonex BG65$19.50 + tax$16.50 + tax
Yonex BG65Ti$20.50 + tax$17.50 + tax
Yonex BG70PRO$20.50 + tax$17.50 + tax
Yonex BG80$21.00 + tax$18.00 + tax
Yonex BG85$22.00 + tax$19.00 + tax
Yonex BG68Ti$22.00 + tax$19.00 + tax
Yonex NBG95$24.00 + tax$21.00 + tax
Yonex NBG98$24.00 + tax$21.00 + tax
Your own string$16.00 + tax$13.00 + tax

* Rackets will usually be ready in 3-4 days

^ This was copied from the SBC website...! Check it out here

You can also get it strung at Bellevue Badminton Club.

I checked their website but I can't find where the stringing prices are :(

I believe that you do get 5% more off when you're a member...and they finish roughly within 3-4 days as well.

I'd suggest you call them just to find out their rates so you can compare, and see what the best deal is!

___________________________________________________________________

Oh man. For those badminton boys who have high maintenance girlfriends, I have the perfect gift idea for you this Christmas.

What!??!? LV badminton bag?

I found this on one of those "AAA REPLIICA BAG LA~" sketchy sites, but I'm pretty sure the legendary Louis Vuitton has carried these at one point in time. Badminton IS an honor sport...

Mmmkay...after my research, it WAS sold at one point in time on the now-closed eluxury.com site...for a whopping $2,400.00USD. Worth every penny. Can't afford it? Easy. Get 24 of your closest friends to spend $100 on you for Christmas. Or 100 of your closest friends to spend $24. Or 2,400 of your friends to donate a dollar.......................

This reminds me-- a few weeks ago I was watching Gossip Girl's more current episodes (I've never really watched it before, but hey...the stories repeat themselves) and Chuck Bass was eyeing a group of 'badminton girls' at Columbia. I must say...he has good taste...it's quite a classy sport ...

___________________________________________________________________

BCD+A is coming up this COMING WEEKEND! Good luck to everyone playing! Hope you're all maintaining a healthy diet and training hard!

Draws will come out on Thursday. Mark the date!


1 comment:

  1. I need to check out that episode!! and DANG that LV bag looks like it holds...nothing!

    ReplyDelete