Thursday, December 2, 2010

Congratulations SBC!

Tomorrow the Seattle Badminton Club will be open for memberships! Be sure to get there early so you can take advantage of the fantastic promotions that they'll be having!

Grand Opening will be held in the beginning of 2011, so look out for that date!

Go take a look at the pictures on their main website. It looks fantastic! Spacious...! I know I speak for a lot of us when I say that we've been waiting very long for this! Badminton is a growing community!

Hope to see you all there very soon! :) I will upload pictures as soon as I get there with my camera!

____________________________________________________________________


In other news, I decided to take a look at the draws for the China Super Series Open 2010. I won't lie, I haven't really been keeping up--finals are coming up with school and all...but i try.

The Men's Singles draw is populated with flags of China...no surprise there, I suppose. BUT I am surprised to see Bao Chunlai in the draw...I guess I didn't notice his name there the first time around!

Men's Doubles team Chieh Min Fang/Sheng Mu Lee of Taipei, Taiwan have been doing well defending their title as sixth seed-- up next against first seed Mathias Boe/Carsten Mogsen of Denmark! We'll see how that plays along...but I guess that match may be overshadowed by the upcoming match of Jung Jae Sung/Lee Yong Dae against Fu Hai Feng/Cai Yun, 4th and 5th seed respectively. Snap!

Wen Hsing Cheng/Yu Chin Chen of Taipei, Taiwan are doing great in Women's Doubles, defending their title as first seed. Interestingly enough, Malaysia's Eei Hui Chin/Liu Ying Goh beat out China's Xiaoli Wang/Yang (F) Yu with the scores being reported as 11-8, then retired....perhaps I'm not well versed in reading tournament software...does anyone want to clarify? Was someone injured...forfeit?

Needless to say, I'm very confused.

__________________________________________________________________

I'll do my best to do a thorough update on upcoming events within the next week. Unfortunately, final exams have me swamped in school work and textbooks all day, I haven't had time to play badminton in quite a while! D: I don't know how I get through the day...!

If only my essays could be about the Communications of Badminton....or the Applying Law and Discretion in Badminton.........I think I would ace all my tests with swimming colors and graduate magna cum laude...!

Much thanks to those of you who do read my blog, though. :) Subscribe, Link Me, and feel free to post comments!

I'll see you all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment