Thursday, December 16, 2010

Happy Holidays!

Seems like I've been slacking on posts lately!

I'd like to give a big thanks to all of you following my blog! 300+ views from more than 10 different countries...it's great to finally realize just how vast the badminton community really is! Hope to get to see you all on the courts some day! :)

On top of all of that, I'd love to have some of your feedback! Don't forget to leave comments or e-mail me about things you'd like to see on the site, from covers on various tournaments, upcoming tournaments, pictures, or interviews from specific people! I'll try my best!

______________________________________________________________________

Congrats to SBC for making it up to 100+ members before their big promotion was over!

Sorry for those of you who haven't signed up yet-- the Yonex Promotion is over! But don't fret...if you still apply for a membership now until December 31st, you don't have to pay an initiation fee! :)
____________________________________________________________________

Just wondering...besides badminton, what do badminton players do to work out?

I've been told frequently by friends to hit the treadmill--obviously, that'll build stamina and make you a little faster on the court...I speak from experience! But just running on the treadmill is...sort..of...boring!

I know a couple of my friends like to hit the nearest Bally's or 24 hr fitness and lift weights, bike...the works. I think I remember watching a video of Lin Dan and Fu HaiFeng running work outs in the sand...builds crazy strength in the legs! Looks tough!

I've also seen plenty of players carry jump rope in their gym bags and jump whenever they can. Don't take this as a joke---jump roping is very tiring! I find myself getting frustrated because I'm not very coordinated, and by the end of 1000 jumps, my ankles are all filled with red whip-marks from tripping over the jump rope :(

I guess a good tip to getting started is start with running and jump roping! At least, that's what plenty of people have told me to start out with. I'm not extremely athletic, so I gotta start out slow ;)

What do the rest of you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment