Sunday, November 21, 2010

Victory Dance

Hey badminton boys and girls!

There are so many badminton tournaments coming up soon (Badmintology, BCD+A, ClearOne New Years). With preparing for these, there are a few things an athlete can/should do:

+ Keep a healthy diet (drink water, eat your fruits and veggies!)
+ *AT LEAST* weekly training (If not 3-4 times a week!) / Staying Fit
+ Finding your partners
+ Looking up your competition
+ Establishing your victory dance.

No, this is no joke. For any of you that like to linger on BadmintonFreak to watch videos on your favorite players, many of you can't help but notice the triumphant things that players do to express their enthusiasm.

IE:

The air guitar.


The fist pump?

The roar.

And my favorite:
Ah! I was so happy when I saw this one! Love it. Wave and pop, Lin Dan....!

When I went to the Taipei Open this year, the mixed doubles finals were so close (22-20, 14-21, 22-20) that when Vita Marissa finally won, she quite literally JUMPED on Hendra Gunawan.

Well, I won't lie--most regular players don't really have a victory 'dance'...it's mostly for the screen, I suppose. But some of you will be surprised at yourself-- you put it into your victory without even knowing it! I kind of hide in the shadows and take pictures of people in their matches, and I've seen quite a few!

Although I won't post them, I'll be scouting the next few tournaments to see if I see anything impressive! :)

Afterall, it's all about the fun.

"Just have fun. Play. Enjoy the game." - Michael Jordan


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IT IS THE LAST DAY to sign up for the BCD+A Tournament!

Please roll on over to TOURNAMENT SOFTWARE AND SIGN UP NOW!

________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment