Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Seattle Badminton Club

I'm happy to say that there are a grand total of....

7 PEOPLE WHO HAVE SIGNED UP FOR THE BCD+A.

Wow guys. World record. Really.

Go sign up now they can ensure enough food and trophies for everyone! All US players: Make sure you send payment ahead of time...you don't want to pay for the $10 surcharge at the door.

____________________________________________________________



Speaking of the Seattle Badminton Club (I know you were thinking it), the grand opening date has been pushed back a tad...just to create a little bit more suspense.

whaaaaat.

I won't lie-- it's really exciting to be getting a new club in the Seattle area. Even though it's not really Seattle--it's Kirkland. But hey, all the closer to Hoffman's Bakery in Kirkland Downtown.

I hear SBC looks fantabulous-- there at 10 courts. Hardwood floors ...green courts with white lines. Reminds me a little of tennis...I guess that's just to give us the little hope that there's such thing as an outdoor sport in Seattle.

The place is really spacious. There are areas to socialize and a little kitchen area with a refrigerator (I like to play with cold birdies). The ceilings are really high, and the court area is really spacious. There will also be a separate carpeted area for sitting in between games and cuddling with your loved ones.

By loved ones, I mean you and your racket.

I'm hoping they'll remember to put chairs outside near the front desk-- there's a lot of room there, and the cute guys need a place to sit....I hear they've hired a pretty cute front desk girl who's working part time (Thursdays and Sundays. .....I heard.)

All the jokes aside, I'm crazy excited for this place to open. Nothing like expanding the market of badminton and infesting others with our addiction. :)

You can actually look at the photos of the renovation process on the website here:

TA DA!

It's probably not as fun as tracking Apolo Anton Ohno or your favorite Jonas Brother on Twitter. But hey, check it out anyways.

FREE!!!!

Ok. nothing's free, but now that I've got your attention...there's actually a promotion going on if you sign up for a membership early.


If you join by November 30, 2010 then there's no initiation fee, and you get either 20% off first 6 month membership or 10% off yearly.
Join between December 1, 2010 and December 15, 2010, and you'll get 20% off the first 3 months or 5% annual.

BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE!

OXYMORON CLEANS STAINS.

Wait. Wrong commercial.

If you're one of the first 100 members, you get to choose either a free SBC/Yonex polyester shirt or 50% off a pair of shoes.

Personally, I went with the 50% shoes...I have too many badminton Tshirts. Just counting the ones from tournaments, I have about 24 cotton Tshirts...

SPEAKING OF TSHIRTS !!!!!!!!

BCD+A.

DO IT.

NOW.

I GUARANTEE AN AWESOME SHIRT.
(made by someone who is awesome. obviously.)


No comments:

Post a Comment