Tuesday, November 30, 2010

First memories of playing badminton + China Open 2010

I remember back in middle school, I was introduced to badminton in my 7th grade PE class. My Asian friend demanded that I be her partner because naturally, I quote, "Asian teams will dominate". Sadly, I disappointed her. :(

It's funny how things change so drastically. My teacher held her racket, which was bent out of shape, and was teaching us the rules of serving. Under the waist, has to go past the service line, etc etc. One student curiously raised his hand and asked "What if we serve it, it hits the top of the net, but it still goes in?"

My PE teacher chuckled and said "Hahaha, I've never seen THAT happen before, and I doubt it will, but I suppose that would count as in."

Little did I know, a few years later, I'd be seeing those kinds of serves at least a few times a day. Not only would I be seeing them, I would be serving them, intentionally keeping them as close to the net as possible, praying deep down that that very scenario of clipping the net would help me in confusing the receiver.

____________________________________________________________

IT IS NOVEMBER 30, 2010 and the China Open Super Series 2010 has begun!

You can check the seeded entries, tournament organization and scores here on tournament software.

A big GOOD LUCK to the Americans making us proud this year! Tony Gunawan, Howard Bach, Iris Wang, Rena Wang, Paula Obanana, Iris Lee, Halim Haryanto & Mathew Fogarty.

Tony Gunawan&Howard Bach are going up first against Fu Haifeng&Cai Yun-- that should be a fun game to watch!

In addition, it's nice to see Taipei's Wen Hsing Cheng and Yu Chin Chen as FIRST SEED in Women's Doubles!!! A big congratulations to the both of them for putting Taiwan on the Badminton map!

Frankly, though, I'm most excited to see Vita Marissa and Hendra Gunawan of Indonesia. Seeing them play at the Taipei Open has me excited to see them win another one (I hope!). Vita Marissa is undoubtedly my favorite mixed player...not only does she play well, but she always seems so happy on and off the court. Wish I could be like that....!

Anyways, keep updated on the China Open 2010! Feel free to comment below to guess who you think will win each event, or who you're rooting for this year!
_______________________________________________________________

SBC is ready to be open to the public!

Planning to be open Dec. 3rd, 2010! Don't forget to go check it out and sign up for a membership to make use of their awesome promotions!

Hope you're getting ready for the BCD+A! See you at the club!

No comments:

Post a Comment